MSc thesis project proposal
In ear (with hearing aid) based Biomedical Signal Processing
Project outside the universitySonion
Who are we?
Sonion is a global supplier within the Hearing Aid Industry. The Sonion Group develops, manufactures, and sells product solutions to customers who manufacture hearing instruments and other acoustic solutions. Sonion Nederland B.V (Sonion NL) is the main R&D center within transducers and modules, but Sonion NL also has sales supportive activities such as Application Engineering, CQS and administrative support functions. Sonion has facilities in Denmark, the Netherlands, Vietnam, the Philippines, USA and China, wherefrom our (more than 6000) colleagues work together across all locations.
Background and goal
Over the last years, Sonion has developed an offering to measure Biomedical signals in the ear based on PPG technology, and we are continuously exploring additional biomedical sensing modalities. For one such technology, Sonion already worked on first prototypes and is now looking to advance this technology in this project. The work will include data collection, development of algorithms for signal processing and signal interpretation as well as iterations on prototype configurations. The ultimate goal is a Proof-of-Concept for the sensing technology. We will of course support you to reach the goals.
The deliverables of the project include:
- Literature review of relevant physiological processes
- Literature review of state-of-the-art competing sensors and technologies
- Key specifications for the sensor
- Data collections with the sensor
- A working algorithm to analyze and interpret the raw signals coming of the sensor
- Recommendations for further work
We look for candidates that
- have affinity with the biomedical field
- are competent in signal processing and algorithm development
- are eager to learn, result driven and pro-active.
- can interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- are structured worker with good reporting skills
Of course, we offer an internship allowance. More importantly, we offer you a work environment that gives you the opportunity to steadily further develop. In this project, you will get a lot of responsibility and chances to use your knowledge in the field. You and your supervisor will regularly reflect on your work. Sonion is an international and inclusive organization where it is easy to connect with colleagues.
Further information and application
You are welcome to contact Nicky Janmaat-Piepers at NIJ@sonion.com or at +31206068184 for further information about the position. Please send your application in English to jobsatsonionNL@sonion.com
dr.ir. Richard Hendriks
Signal Processing Systems Group
Department of Microelectronics
Last modified: 2022-09-28