Openings at BE
ASIC / IC design flow support engineer traineeOpening for: Technician
|Announced:||14 Jan 2022|
|Closing date:||15 Mar 2022|
As the design flow support engineer you will:
- Actively assist students and university staff with the design, simulation, implementation and verification/testing of analog, digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits.
- Plan and support the related IC tape-outs with all consistency checks in a timely fashion.
- Support the design of (standard) IC cells such as pad rings, ESD, digital I/O and buffers for various technology nodes.
- Install and support ASIC/IC design cell libraries and PDKs (e.g. TSMC, AMS, XFAB).
- Maintain relations with various foundries and design centers (e.g. IMEC), as well as with EDA tool suppliers (e.g. Europractice).
- Assist in the related test PCB design, packaging and wire bond assembly of the implemented ASICs / ICs.
Your skills include:
- A strong team and learn-on-the-job mentality applied in a diverse international setting.
- Proficiency in English in both written and oral communication.
- Experience with or the desire to learn CAD tools such as Cadence, Tanner, Mentor and Synopsys.
- Knowledge of or the desire to learn operating systems, programming environments and (scripting) languages such as Unix, Matlab and Python.
- Experience with PCB design.
- The ambition to train students to become experts in IC design and realization.
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Familiar with analog, digital and/or RF circuit design.
- Interest in the physical design and verification of CMOS based semi- or full-custom integrated circuits (ASICs).
prof.dr.ir. Wouter Serdijn
Department of Microelectronics