MSc thesis project proposal
Medical applications for custom-fit wireless headsets
Project outside the universityDOPPLE
We offer a broad range of MSc research projects around the DOPPLE custom-fit headsets for Electrical Engineering or Biomedical students.
This is a collaboration between Paddy French & Ger de Graaf (BE) and Jaap Haartsen (DOPPLE)
AssignmentAfter an initial survey several different direction can be chosen depending on the students interest, knowledge and skills.
RequirementsFrom the student we expect • Interest in biomedical applications. • Basic knowledge and interest in the physics of sensors and system level electronics. To be able to work on topics such as
• Designing and developing a new sensor system for the custom-fit headset.
• Testing and evaluation of the system performance in the lab environment.
• Signal processing (MATLAB) to detect extract the signals from background noise.
• Implementation of algorithms for heart rate and heat rate variability.
• Hands-on skills and experience are more than welcome for shrinking the system to fit into the headset.
prof.dr. Paddy French
Department of Microelectronics
Last modified: 2020-07-06